The AMA Auxillary
Supporting educational, community involvement and increasing our focus on health disparities within our communities, and patient care.
A Message from the President
E Ginger Sullivan
The Auxiliary to the Atlanta Medical Association, Inc. is proud to support the goals and the mission of the Atlanta and National Medical Associations. Primarily, supporting educational, community involvement and increasing our focus on health disparities within our communities, and patient care. We are proud to be a part of the support network.
The objectives of the AAMA are as follows:
- To create a greater interest in the Atlanta Medical Association as well as the National Medical Association.
- To continue to educate the community about healthy lifestyle, prevention of the disease which are so prevalent in the minority community, specifically: coronary artery disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer.
- To increase awareness of the physical damage caused by tobacco use particularly among our young people.
Some of our local and National projects include:
- Marie Grays Nash Scholarship (medical students)
- Project Sun: Pre-Adolescent/Adolescent Prevention and Alternative Choices Program
- FDA (Nutrition, Cancer Prevention Activities)
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Thanksgiving donation/drives for the elderly
- Christmas Toy and Coat drive for children and adults
- Annual Fundraising for Scholarships of Students Morehouse School of Medicine, Meharry Medical College and Howard University College of Medicine.
- Atlanta Medical Association 5K Race / Walk for healthy initiatives
- Pillar of Strength Program – Black History Month
I encourage and welcome spouses of the physicians of the Atlanta Medical Association to join us, become a member, support our mission and meet new and interesting friends… Our membership chair is Rose Palmer. For more information, please call (404) 344-2880. We need your support.